Munitions and EOD
Manages, conducts, and evaluates resident instruction for assigned courses. Monitors the technical sequencing, scope, and changes to TSPs and other instructional materials; monitors maintenance of training facilities and operational status of training equipment. Conducts ARBs and recommends approval for student continuance in training or reclassification. plans, coordinates and executes graduation ceremonies. Assists in forming training strategies, goals, and objectives in related technical areas. Coordinates the development of training materials.
Conducts courses at Redstone Arsenal as requested by the FBI and approved by the Commandant; provides instruction during FBI Bomb Data Center Regional Seminars as specified in the interdepartmental support agreement; and provides SMEs to write and review lesson plans, examinations, and other instructional material.
- Provide Advanced Individual Training (AIT) and Functional training for Ordnance Soldiers in the Military Occupational Specialties of 89A, 89B, 89D, and 89E.
- Provide certification training for civilian public safety bomb squads.
- Coordinate with the Combined Arms Support Command (CASCOM) and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Directorate (EODD) on training strategies and training development priorities
- Coordinate with other agencies on Ordnance courses attended by international students and other services (e.g., Interservice Training Review Organization)
- Oversee the Instructor Development Program, the Observation of Training Program, and civilian professional development programs
- Participate in accreditation programs (e.g., Council on Occupational Education, American Council on Education, and TRADOC Accreditation)
This page last updated: March 24, 2017