Army Award for
The Army Award for Maintenance Excellence award winner displays an expertise and professionalism in performing their tasks. Each unit is evaluated on their effectiveness in ensuring that Soldier competency is maintained. Assessments of each unit in the categories of attitude and effective leadership are rated with a benchmark based on those of past winners, and the tenets of exceptional maintenance processes that were exhibited are validated and ranked. The Chief of the Proponency Office is the principal advisor to the Chief of Ordnance on all matters relating to Branch personnel proponency and serves as the Executive Agent for the CSA, Army Award for Maintenance Excellence (AAME).
AAME MISSION STATEMENT
- Improve and Sustain Readiness
- Provide positive incentives for extraordinary maintenance efforts.
- Improve Efficiency & Reduce Waste
- Encourage innovative use of existing management tools.
- Recognize Outstanding Maintenance Accomplishments & Initiatives
- Encourage Competition
- Provide a structure for recognition of units at all levels.
- Maintenance Below Depot Level - Sustained Overall Unit Operations within Last 12 Months
- Award Categories:
- Size Categories
- Small (1-100 Personnel)
- Medium (101-300 personnel)
- Large (301 + Personnel)
- Active MTOE
- Active TDA
- USAR MTOE
- USAR TDA
- NG MTOE
- NG TDA
- All Others
This page last updated: July 29, 2016